Vegan French Toast
Family favorite and always a hit.
- 1 Cup organic soy or rice milk
- 1 Cup cashews unsalted
- 3/4 Cup Dates Pitted
- 2 tbsp egg replacer
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 8-10 slices of your favorite bread
- In a blender combine milk, cashews, and dates and blend until smooth.
- While still blending add the rest of ingredients.
- Pour the batter into a pie or cake dish, dip both sides of each slice of bread in the batter, or use a spatula to evenly spread a layer of batter on the slice of bread.
- Then brown in a lightly oiled skillet.
- Top with pure maple syrup or your favorite fruit topping.
Cooks best if a thin layer of batter is spread on the slice of bread.